Accomplished presentation on one side, a workhorse for life on the other.
Upon turning over, they present a perfectly inset food-safe (and knife-kind) chopping board. The perfect blend of beauty and function.
For where we needed our colour to be spot on, we went for Durat; a post-industrial waste composite. Made to order for us in Finland, it uses industrial composite by-products that would otherwise go to waste and can create almost any shade of any colour you’d like.
For the main boards and the rack we settled on another recycled material, but this time made by Smile Plastics in Wales. Each one of their pieces are unique, and their random, matte appearance contrasts brilliantly with the Durat.
For the liners of the cutting boards, there was only one candidate – possibly our favourite functional material of all time – Richlite. Food-safe, beautifully workable and utterly dependable it’s a Sawmill stalwart.
Made to order in our Wiltshire workshop.
- Tough, durable yet stylish chopping boards
- Made from sustainable & recycled materials
- Ideal cutting surface
- Protects your knife edge
- Dimensions: Large (340mm x 495mm x 12mm); Medium (225mm x 360mm x 12mm); Small (155mm x 245mm x 12mm)
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide