Made by Chris
Our take on the larger end of the classic European-style chef’s knife. It’s not flashy, it hasn’t got any gimmicks – it’s just a very well-crafted, perfectly balanced cutting machine.
If someone wants to know what makes our knives so special, very often the simplest thing to do is to give them this knife to hold as while it looks like it’s going to weigh a tonne, but in fact it’s as joyous to hold and use as a scalpel. Comparisons are odious, and all that stuff, but we’d say it’s probably 50% of the weight of comparable knives in its size class. With a rigid spine, high knuckle clearance and incredible steel it keeps pulling away from the pack.
This handsome ready made version sports a rich Mopane wood handle with contrasting blue liner. At the expense of a smidgen of durability, the blade edge has been hand polished to make it razor sharp and capable of shaving the hair from your arm. We also have a matching ready made Savernake knife with contoured handle available – so grab the pair whilst you can!
Order before 2pm on Tuesday 22nd December and we can have this knife engraved and posted out for next day delivery to the UK and ROI, guaranteed in time for Christmas.
As with every Savernake, the Brawny Chef features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide