One of the commissions we very much enjoy is being presented with an old and tired – but long serving – favourite, and being asked to re-create it from better materials and with maybe a little more flair on the finishing than the original.
This particular style of carving knife, with a long gentle slop and a non-aggressive tip (and the obligatory comfortable handle) crossed our paths sufficiently in different forms of the years that we thought we really should have a go at making our own version. From the most enormous turkey you can think of, down to the most delicate rolled shoulder of BBQ lamb, this carving knife will do justice to the hours of preparation that have gone on behind the scenes. It also makes an exceptional bread knife if you can get over the conventional train of thought that a bread knife needs to be serrated – ours is so sharp it will easily slice the toughest crust without tearing.
It’s not flashy, there’s no gimmicks, it’s just an absolutely exemplary carving knife, one we think worthy of a Chef.
This beauty has a classic contoured English Walnut handle with red liner – truly one of our most popular handle styles.
Order before 2pm on Tuesday 22nd December and we can have this special set engraved and posted out for next day delivery to the UK and ROI, guaranteed in time for Christmas.
As with every Savernake, our Chef’s Carver features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Carving and Slicing
- Perfect for BBQ and Roasts
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide