Strictly not just for Sundays
The Chef’s Carving Set contains all you need to reward the effort of a beautifully-cooked roast with some perfect slicing action.
One of the commissions we very much enjoy is being presented with an old and tired – but long serving – favourite, and being asked to re-create it from better materials and with maybe a little more flair on the finishing than the original.
This particular style of carving knife, with a long gentle slop and a non-aggressive tip (and the obligatory comfortable handle) crossed our paths sufficiently in different forms of the years that we thought we really should have a go at making our own version. From the most enormous turkey you can think of, down to the most delicate rolled shoulder of BBQ lamb, our Chef’s Carver knife will do justice to the hours of preparation that have gone on behind the scenes.
It’s not flashy, there’s no gimmicks, it’s just an absolutely exemplary carving knife, one we think worthy of a Chef.
Our Carving Fork has been designed with gracefully curved prongs and a contoured handle to make it possible to hold it in either a fist or conventional grip, giving you options to manoeuvre easily as you carve and serve.
Finally a top-class honing steel is combined with a hand-turned handle, ensuring that you never fail to forget to hone your blade ahead of your carving ritual.
The set is complete with a buttery soft dark brown leather butterfly wrap custom made for us by the incredibly talented master saddlers at E. J. Wicks, which elevates this carving set to ultimate gift status and protects the carving set when not in use.
This ready made Chef’s Carving Set has classic English Walnut handles and a contrasting red liner. By far and away, one of our most popular combinations and designed to compliment all settings, whether contemporary or traditional.
Complimentary blade engraving included.
Precision engineered from the highest quality high-tech 14c28n Sandvik Swedish steel and sharpened by hand and eye for the ultimate cutting edge.
As with every Savernake knife, the Chef’s Carving Set features our trademark concave hollow grind, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. This means it is both incredibly light, and easy to hone. It also allows for smoother cutting and slicing due to reduced metal passing through the ingredient, and less sticking, due to the reduced surface contact. Quite simply, the concave hollow grind is the business.
- Chef's Carver – for carving or slicing meat from bone
- Curved Carving Fork – for keeping the joint steady as you work
- Honing Steel - for keeping your blades in tip-top shape
- The fork has been designed to be held very comfortably in both a fist and conventional grip, and the long slender blade deals with large roasts as well as the most delicate grouse.
- A beautiful leather wrap protects your set when not in use
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide