Arguably our greatest all-rounder
This makes a great starter knife whilst being a worthy addition to an existing collection.
Modelled on the classic French design, it boasts a deep extra long blade with tapered end. The belly has a gentle curve, great for the classical rocking chop. The depth of the blade creates space at the throat of the knife, giving comfortable knuckle clearance.
With additional length comes extra versatility. The tip is perfect for intricate jobs such as removing chicken oysters. From heel to point the blade can be used for everything from peeling garlic to removing fish skin. Meanwhile the additional length enables longer single stroke slices, preventing undesirable saw marks.
The Classic Ultra is ideal for chefs and cooks alike and is particularly well-suited to the taller individual or simply anyone who appreciates a larger blade for tackling most kitchen tasks.
This ready made version has a colourful G. F Smith paper handle in the Jamaican colours and was a design originally created for super model, actor and racing car driver Jodie Kidd.
Ready to engrave and post within 24 hours.
As with every Savernake Knife, the Classic Ultra features our trademark concave hollow grind, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. This means it is both incredibly light, and easy to hone. It also allows for smoother cutting and slicing due to reduced metal passing through the ingredient, and less sticking, due to the reduced surface contact. Quite simply, the concave hollow grind is the business.
- "Outstanding" edge sharpness and durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Classical rocking chop
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Invitations & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift invitations & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm).
International deliveries will be charged at £20 at checkout.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide