The little chef with a big heart
We’re not fans of the catering-school-knife-manufacturer’s industrial complex, and don’t think you need a set of 20 knives as a minimum in order to get cracking in the kitchen. In fact we firmly believe that personal choice and personal preference is paramount. On the other hand, we also believe that it’s possible to make little tweaks that don’t take people out of their comfort zone, but do make them a lot happier.
Our Agile Yeoman is very popular amongst those who like a smaller knife in the kitchen, but as a main knife it has the obvious shortcomings of almost no knuckle clearance and very little ‘rock’ on the blade. The Compact Chef was borne by simply taking the Agile Yeoman, attending to its main-knife-weaknesses, and re-presenting it as a pleasingly small knife that will also functions beautifully as the go-to blade in a kitchen.
This ready made version has a darkly handsome, contoured African Blackwood handle with contrasting blue liner – subtly stunning and a joy to behold. At the expense of a smidgen of durability, the blade edge has also been hand polished to make it razor sharp and capable of shaving the hair from your arm. We also have a matching Good Chopper available so snap up the pair before they go!
Order before 2pm on Tuesday 22nd December and we can have this knife engraved and posted out for next day delivery to the UK and ROI, guaranteed in time for Christmas.
As with every Savernake, the Compact Chef features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- Made by Ben
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Our smallest chef's knife
- Rocking, Herbs, All-round
- Blade Length 6" / Overall Length 280mm
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide