The first version of this knife was commissioned for one of the Scotland’s leading private chefs, as his go-to-do-everything blade. We’ve improved the design over the years as we got better at making our blades, but the underlying design remains the same.
As a professional chef’s main blade, this beauty has a blade big enough for meat and veg, but precise enough for herbs and garnishes, as well as impromptu carving.
Incredibly light for its class, the knife is able to carry off a significant cutting edge without needing a large handle. If you like a slightly larger chef’s knife, but don’t want to get bogged down wielding a huge great lump, then this is the one for you.
This ready made version has a handle made from exquisite Turkish figured walnut – the same wood used to make some of the most expensive shotgun stocks in the world – and a classic dark green liner. We’ve included a magnetic Richlite sheath to protect the blade when not in use. It would make a superb gift for someone who loves hunting and shooting as much as they enjoy spending time in the kitchen.
Order before 2pm Monday to Friday and we will engrave your knife and have it posted for next day delivery for no additional charge.
As with every Savernake, the Dextrous Knife features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- All purpose
- Turkish Figured Walnut Handle
- Magnetic Richlite Sheath - protect the blade when not in use
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide