British spalted horse chestnut is one of the most beautiful handle materials in the Savernake collection. By soaking the handles for several days in a special blend of oils, we’ve come up with a way of showing off the beauty of this wood while still making a durable and comfortable handle. We select only the pieces of wood that have the most interesting spalting, and finding this right amount isn’t easy. We’ve currently got our hands on some lovely bits, but they won’t be around for ever.
The five knives in the set are capable of pretty much anything you could throw at them kitchen-wise. Knives can be made individually or as a set, and of course if you’d like to customise any aspect of the knives please get in touch.
The Workhorse is an incredibly dextrous beast with serious length and depth for tackling things of substance. From the diminutive but incredibly versatile Agile Yeoman, as capable of fiddly veg prep as picking the last choice bits of meat from a roast chicken; to the Savernake, our signature master of chopping, slicing and dicing. In the right hands, our Long Filleter and Chef’s Carver are exemplary when tackling fish and large roasts respectively.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Agile Yeoman - small utility knife - veg prep, fiddly tasks
- The Workhorse - large, experienced chef's knife
- The Savernake - Expert Chopper, Slicer and Dicer
- Chef's Carver - for the perfect carving experience
- Long Filleter - For Filleting and Skinning
- Unique Horse Chestnut Handles
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide