The lightweight legend
One of our ideal trios would be the Stout Yeoman, the Savernake Knife and this fellow. The Classic is – we believe – an exemplary take on a mid-sized European chef’s knife; comfortable, balanced and precise with a fantastic rocking action along the length of the blade.
As with many of our knives, what sets this blade apart is its lightness and the feeling of dexterity you have when wielding it. For very precise work across a wide range of tasks, from topping radishes with its heel and scouring loaves with its tip, it has almost no competition – and if you really want precision then we highly recommend the contoured handle.
This beautiful version was designed originally as part of a full knife set for leading chef and author Jasmine Hemsley and boasts a layered English walnut veneer and lavender G . F Smith paper contoured handle.
Complimentary blade engraving is available as standard on all our knives.
As with every Savernake, the Classic features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Invitations & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift invitations & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm).
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide