Like a (little) extension to your hand.
Paring knives are great things, and on occasion we’ve been know to make one. However, they are very much limited to those little fiddly tasks, and so for those people who either like a small knife for everything, or a small knife on occasion, we think the Stout Yeoman’s a better bet. The blade is small enough to tackle intricate tasks, but the handle (while being one of our smaller efforts) is still very comfortable and will sit perfectly in the palm for hours and hours.
We also think that smaller knives have an unsung role to play when carving; instead of sticking your elbow up in the air like a demented violinist, determined to poke out the last bits of roast lamb, take a small knife and accomplish the task both more easily and slightly less embarrassingly.
This version was made originally for chef and author Jasmine Hemsley as part of our Jasmine Collection and sports a lavender Durat handle with grey liner. Far too handsome to consign to the back of a kitchen drawer.
As with every Savernake knife, the Jasmine Stout Yeoman features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Precision work and fiddly tasks
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide