This striking pair of knives practically begs to be centre stage on its own Zoom cooking show. Instagram-able and definitely not a case of style over substance, they will tackle anything asked of them, slicing and dicing their way with abandon through meat, veg and herbs.
Made for herbs and veg, while serving effortlessly as a utility blade, the Nimble Chopper is a companion for those who prefer a smaller, lighter knife.
If there were an olympic event for utility knives, we reckon this knife and the Agile Yeoman would be neck and neck round the whole track, and so to choose between them we suggest you consider who they’re going to work with. If you’re looking at a larger, more European knife as your main cohort then take this as your phalanx. If you’re gravitating towards the Savernake Knife, then maybe consider the Agile Yeoman.
This ready made version has a contoured walnut veneer and orange paper layered handle with contrasting blue spine work.
Our Gyuto Ultra is one of those knives that came out of the furnace looking for something to slice. Originally conceived as a big brother to our Gyuto for a limited run in support of the Burnt Chef Project, the knife has quickly become one of our favourites.
Thin, light, balanced with a subtle rock – it’ll tackle everything from troublesome turnips to fiddly dill and also prove to be a fine friend in your hour of need when faced with a lovely piece of fresh haddock.
This ready made version has a rich walnut burr veneer contoured handle, layered with blue G . F Smith paper which makes a fine contrast with the orange spine work.
As a duo this pairing is pretty unbeatable – they will last you a lifetime and you’ll quickly wonder how you ever managed without them. A magnetic Richlite sheath is included for each knife.
Order before 2pm Monday to Friday and we can have these engraved with whatever you like and posted for next day delivery within the UK for no additional charge.
As with every Savernake, the Nimble Chopper and Gyuto Ultra features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Nimble: Utility, Herbs, Veg
- Gyuto Ultra: Meat, fish, herbs - gentle rock, superb slicing
- Blade length Nimble Chopper 5" / Overall Length 250mm
- Blade length Gyuto Ultra 9" / Overall Length 360mm
- Magnetic Richlite Sheath - protect the blade when not in use
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide