E Pluribus Unum
Originally starting life as a private commission for an ardent customer of Tom Hixson of Smithfield and modelled along the lines of our Tom Aikens knife, we think the Old Glory blade is simply jaw dropping and far too handsome to keep hidden from view.
The bespoke star spangled resin handle is beautifully balanced in the hand, whilst the apparent heft of the concave blade belies its lightweight feel and dexterity. With full, double-sided blade engraving continuing the stars and stripes theme, the addition of the motto E pluribus unum (‘out of many, one’) honours the United States in all its glory. Only a limited number of this very special knife will be made with every knife being engraved with its model number and making date.
Each knife includes a custom engraved Richlite sheath with hidden magnetic lock-in and a matching Stars and Stripes handled honing steel.
Precision engineered from the highest quality high-tech 14c28n Sandvik Swedish steel and sharpened by hand and eye for the ultimate cutting edge.
As with every Savernake Knife, the Old Glory features our trademark concave hollow grind, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. This means it is both incredibly light, and easy to hone. It also allows for smoother cutting and slicing due to reduced metal passing through the ingredient, and less sticking, due to the reduced surface contact. Quite simply, the concave hollow grind is the business.
- Combines heft with scalpel like precision
- Perfectly balanced to feel weightless despite its size
- Custom Engraved Magnetic sheath included
- Matching honing steel
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Invitations & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift invitations & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm).
International deliveries will be charged at £20 at checkout.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide