Astro Corian with blue liner
We were introduced to Pip Lacey (of Hicce fame) through the wonderful Margaret at G . F Smith. She was after a knife that she could use to both carve and prepare fish, but was struggling to find one that had a handle that was comfortable enough to use for hours in the kitchen.
And so we made her this knife and were – in our usual modest way – quite pleased with how it turned out, sufficient to want to offer it to other folks out there with the same conundrum. With just the right amount of flex, and kept razor sharp, this knife is perfect for all those tasks where a conventional, straighter carving knife isn’t the answer; preparing a large gammon, filleting a splendid salmon or breaking down a large rack of beef ribs.
This sublime ready made version sports a sleek Astro Corian handle offset with a striking blue liner – designed to grace even the most discerning dinner table with its understatedly dazzling appearance.
Ready to engrave and post within 24 hours.
As with every Savernake, Pip’s Carver features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Filleting, Slicing, Fine Work
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Invitations & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift invitations & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm).
International deliveries will be charged at £20 at checkout.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide