Originally made as a private commission for a professional chef, between them, the five knives in the set are capable of pretty much anything you could throw at them kitchen-wise. From the diminutive but incredibly versatile Stout Yeoman, as capable of fiddly veg prep as picking the last choice bits of meat from a roast chicken; to the Astounding Cleaver whose weight belies its apparent size and heft – as adept at ribboning carrots as it is chopping its way through a rib of beef. In the right hands, the Workhorse is an incredibly dextrous beast with serious length and depth for tackling things of substance, whilst our Useful Boner, Extreme Slicer and Carving Fork cover pretty much every aspect of cooking meat, from the very beginning to the final flourish.
For the handles we sought out an extremely durable resin-stabilised poplar burr, whose natural flaws and irregular grain lend it the most extraordinary appearance and richness of colour. Subtly contrasted by the British racing green liner and a variety of traditional and contoured handle shapes.
This is a set that means business and demands to be put through its culinary paces. Every aspect of it has been designed to be beautiful as well as functional.
Knives can be made individually or as a set, and of course if you’d like to customise any aspect of the knives please get in touch.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Stout Yeoman small utility knife - veg prep, fiddly tasks
- Useful Boner - for everything from pork belly to beef ribs.
- Extreme Slicer - for the perfect carving experience
- The Workhorse - large, experienced chef's knife
- Astounding Cleaver - heft and size - fine slicing, dicing and meat prep
- Unique Stabilised Poplar Burr wood handles
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide