Like a (little) extension to your hand.
Paring knives are great things, and on occasion we’ve been know to make one. However, they are very much limited to those little fiddly tasks, and so for those people who either like a small knife for everything, or a small knife on occasion, we think the Stout Yeoman’s a better bet. The blade is small enough to tackle intricate tasks, but the handle (while being one of our smaller efforts) is still very comfortable and will sit perfectly in the palm for hours and hours.
We also think that smaller knives have an unsung role to play when carving; instead of sticking your elbow up in the air like a demented violinist, determined to poke out the last bits of roast lamb, take a small knife and accomplish the task both more easily and slightly less embarrassingly.
This ready made version sports a cool-to-the-touch contoured Astro Corian handle with yellow liner. Far too useful to consign to the back of a kitchen drawer, you’ll soon wonder how on earth you managed without it.
Order before 2pm Monday to Friday and we can have this knife engraved and posted out for next day delivery at no additional charge.
As with every Savernake Knife, the Stout Yeoman features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- Made by Ben
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Precision work and fiddly tasks
- Blade Length 4 1/4" / Overall Length 240mm
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Invitations & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift invitations & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm).
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide