As a set this eye-catching collection of four knives and matching honing steel is pretty unmissable.
Originally made as a private commission, between them, the four knives in the set are capable of pretty much anything you could throw at them kitchen-wise. From the diminutive but incredibly versatile Stout Yeoman, as capable of fiddly veg prep as picking the last choice bits of meat from a roast chicken; to the Astounding Cleaver whose weight belies its apparent size and heft – as adept at ribboning carrots as it is chopping its way through a rib of beef. In the right hands, the Brawny Chef is an incredibly dextrous beast with serious length and depth for tackling larger food prep, whilst our desert-island stalwart and Santoku-inspired signature Savernake Knife is a true all-rounder with its deep, slightly curved blade lending itself to both a smooth slicing action and more modern up down chop.
For the handles we sought out a particularly exquisitely-grained piece of Mallee Burr whose natural flaws and irregular grain lend it the most extraordinary appearance and richness of colour. Boldly contrasted by the neon green custom resin liners which are displayed to maximum effect by the contoured handles leading to the butt of the knives. Custom hollow pins were filled with a matching neon green resin which allows the light to pass through making them appear to glow.
No self-respecting knife set should be without its own matching honing steel – and this one is no exception. Using the very edge of the burr allowed us to sandwich a solid layer of neon green resin between the two layers of wood before it was hand turned and polished, creating a distinctly unique steel that rightly deserves its place alongside the matching knives.
Definitely not for shrinking violets, this is a set that means business and demands to be put through its culinary paces.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Supremely useful small utility knife - veg prep, fiddly tasks
- Savernake Knife - desert island all-rounder - every task
- Brawny Chef - large, experienced chef's knife
- Astounding Cleaver - heft and size - fine slicing, dicing and meat prep
- Unique Mallee Burr wood handles
- Custom neon green resin liners and pins
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide