A knife born from our collaboration with Michelin-starred Chef Tom Aikens
We were obviously delighted when Tom decided to design his perfect knife through our Bespoke service. As with all our clients, this started with a conversation over the sketch book, jotting down ideas and features to build into the knife.
Tom liked our standard Savernake Knife model, but decided he’d like to increase both the length and depth of the blade. This knife comes with a Richlite knife sheath, with hidden magnetic lock-in. As well as Tom’s handle choice (Onyx Corian with a black liner) you can also choose from any of our standard handle materials and liner colours. You may also opt for a custom G . F Smith paper handle – if you select this option we will contact you to discuss colours and layout but in the meantime you might like to visit our G . F Smith page for inspiration.
A matching honing steel is also available – please let us know when ordering if you would like any variation to the style or materials.
Precision engineered from the highest quality high-tech 14c28n Sandvik Swedish steel and sharpened by hand and eye for the ultimate cutting edge.
As with every Savernake Knife, the Classic Chef features our trademark concave hollow grind, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. This means it is both incredibly light, and easy to hone. It also allows for smoother cutting and slicing due to reduced metal passing through the ingredient, and less sticking, due to the reduced surface contact. Quite simply, the concave hollow grind is the business.
- Combines heft with scalpel like precision
- Perfectly balanced to feel weightless despite its size
- Magnetic sheath included
- Matching honing steel available
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide