Limited edition Union Jack Savernake
Similar to a chef’s knife, but without the point, the Savernake is incredibly versatile. The geometry of the blade allows for up down vertical chopping, as well as a push pull cut, and the classic French rocking chop. You can also use the full length of the blade, from tip to heel for all sorts of delicate jobs, such as descaling fish, peeling garlic, deboning chicken and much more.
Thanks to the blade’s hollow grind, the bottom third of the knife is almost perfectly parallel, leaving you a razor sharp cutting edge. This ensures you are truly cutting rather than tearing your ingredients, and you will taste the difference in the results.
This limited edition version proudly sports a custom Union Jack handle sculpted from highly durable epoxy resin and we can engrave whatever you want on the blade at no additional charge. Only 12 of these knives will be made, with each knife individually engraved with its edition number.
Each element of the handle takes around 16 hours to cast and resin – we think you’ll agree that the striking effect is worth the effort.
As with every Savernake, our namesake features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Limited edition run of 12 knives
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide