The ultimate knife set
We’ve never been advocates of large knife sets that include every variation of blade you could possibly think of, when in reality you’re only likely to use one or two of them for nearly everything you do in the kitchen.
As always, the exception proves the rule – and this carefully curated set is a a stellar case in point.
Originally put together for a customer aptly named Woody, this seven piece knife set contains everything you need to tackle just about anything you can think of and a honing steel to ensure you keep your blades in top top condition. Nothing more, nothing less.
From large to small, our Chef’s Carver is an exemplary carving knife – from the largest turkey to the most delicate rolled shoulder of lamb, it will manage it all with ease. Our Astounding Cleaver is just one of those knives that you may not see the point in, have a go with and then soon find yourself using it for everything, it’s just so much fun and such a joy to wield.
The Classic is our take on a mid-sized European chef’s knife; comfortable, balanced and precise with a fantastic rocking action along the length of the blade. It is just as perfectly at home preparing a rack of lamb as it is a stack of turnips, and will find a home with new and experiences cooks alike. Our eponymously titled Useful Boner is all you need to prepare birds and joints. It’s compact, robust and versatile. It provides both leverage and scope to get right into the nooks and crannies.
Originally designed for an Asian chef, our Mini Cleaver will dice, slice and julienne with nary a care in the world, yet take apart a chicken carcass without even stopping for breath. When the heft of the Astounding Cleaver might be overkill this smaller blade will rise happily to the challenge. Our nakiri-styled Nimble Chopper is designed for herbs and vegetables, yet will also serve you well as a utility blade. Small, light and therefore ideal for dicing, garnishes and fruit. Finally, our Lady Julia paring knife is exactly what the name suggests – the perfect knife for small tasks and peeling fruit and veg in the hand.
A matching honing steel completes the line-up. Quite possibly the most important piece of equipment to ensure you keep your blade edges aligned, primed and ready for action.
This handsome set features sublime, beautifully-grained chacate preto (or Guibourtia conjugata to give it its scientific name), contoured handles, brass pins. Sandvik 14c28n stainless steel, chosen by us for its quality, strength and ability to hold an edge.
No frills, no gimmicks.
Just damned fine knives.
If you would like to commission your own set but change any aspect of it please do get in touch – anything is possible. Complimentary blade engraving is also available, making this set a superb gift choice for someone special. The total value of these knives and steel if bought separately would be £2,500, making this set excellent value.
As with every Savernake, the knives in our Woody’s Knife Set feature our trademark concave blades, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- Chef's Carver - exemplary carving guaranteed
- Astounding Cleaver - when heft and dexterity is called for
- Classic - the perfect all-round traditional chef's knife
- Useful Boner - prep poultry and game cleanly and efficiently
- Mini cleaver - dice, slice or use as a lighter weight cleaver for carcasses
- Nimble Chopper - herbs, veg, garnishes, fruit - the ideal utility blade
- Lady Julia - small, light and ideal for in-hand veg & fruit prep
- Honing Steel - easily keep your blades in tip top condition
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide