Quality over quantity
Initially designed as a private commission for an Asian chef who asked us to recreate a favourite knife belonging to his grandmother, we loved the proportions of this finished mini cleaver so much we’ve added it to our special edition knife range.
We’ve given this mini cleaver a flat heel and moved the handle up the spine by about a centimetre to improve its balance and feel in the hand. Initially designed to tackle Asian food preparation, as we tirelessly finessed this cleaver we discovered its combination of strength and agility made it ideal for all sorts of hefty flora and fauna for the wok and barbecue alike.
Grasp with a hammer grip to slice through meat, bone and shell with ease. Or use a pincher grip to work with more precision.
This is one knife you’ll turn to time and time again for more tasks in the kitchen than you would ever have imagined.
The handle on this particular version, made as a prize for a competition we ran in partnership with organic and grass fed meat delivery company The Ethical Butcher, is made from dark green Durat, a material made from post-industrial waste which is in itself recyclable. It creates a beautifully smooth, highly durable handle which demands to be seen. The contrasting liner provides a further pop of colour. A Richlite magnetic sheath is also included.
Speak to us if you would like to order this knife with any other handle material options.
Precision engineered from the highest quality high-tech 14c28n Sandvik Swedish steel and sharpened by hand and eye for the ultimate cutting edge. We can engrave this cleaver with anything you like for no additional charge.
- A lightweight cleaver for agile food prep
- Slicing through meat, bone and shell
- Hefty veg
- Asian food
- Richlite Magnetic Sheath included
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Invitations & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift invitations & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm).
International deliveries will be charged at £20 at checkout.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide