Terms and Conditions
Definition of terms
Definition of Terms
Who we are
1. Savernake Knives is a registered trading name of Leisure Pursuits Ltd.
2. We warrant that as from the date of delivery for a period of 12 months the goods and all their component parts, where applicable, are free from any defects in design, workmanship, construction or materials.
3. We warrant that the commissions and orders received under this agreement shall be performed using reasonable skill and care, and of a quality conforming to generally accepted industry standards and practices.
4. Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, all warranties whether express or implied, by operation of law or otherwise, are hereby excluded in relation to the goods and services provided by us.
Descriptions and Specifications
5. A glossary of terms may be found on our website.
6. We make three categories of knives, and your rights will vary depending on which you select. your statutory rights remain unaffected by our standard and bespoke terms and conditions.
7. Our bespoke knives are one-offs made from scratch to your specifications. There are additional terms and conditions for these knives, which may be found on our website under ‘bespoke terms and conditions’.
8. Our Core range is made-to-order to your specifications and are considered ‘customised’.
9. Any existing knife models that we re-make or alter to your request or specifications are also considered ‘customised’.
10. Our stock knives are pre-made. Unless they are customised through engraving or some other retrospective process, they are considered stock items for the purposes of your rights.
11. Our knives are sold on the basis that you are fully aware of the dangers presented by an extremely sharp, extremely hard piece of steel. We will accept no liability for harm or injury arising from misuse or lack of care when handling our knives, or when failing to follow our enclosed guidelines.
12. Due to the uniqueness of every knife, it is not possible to guarantee that the finished item(s), will have identical colours, finishes or precise dimensions as the representative item displayed on our website.
Pricing and Payment
13. Except for our bespoke knives, full payment will be taken upon placing an order. For bespoke payment terms, see our bespoke terms and conditions. This includes gift certificates.
14. When an order is not placed through our website an invoice will be raised and sent to you for payment in full before work on your knife begins.
15. The price shown for our knives displayed on the website is inclusive of all displayed, curated furniture options, and includes shipping to the UK.
16. If you request additional customisation or ask for non-curated furniture options to be used then this may increase the cost of your order. We will confirm this increase with you by email or in writing before beginning work.
17. The quoted cost for our bespoke knives assumes you will use our standard steel and choose from our existing range of furniture. If you choose to use an exotic steel or require us to pursue new furniture options for you, then we reserve the right to increase the cost. This cost will be agreed upon by email or in writing prior to starting work.
18. If you choose not to accept any quoted price increase you will be refunded in full.
19. At present, we can only accept payment in Pounds Sterling and so foreign purchases may be exposed to FOREX charges as part of the payment process.
20. Orders will be confirmed by email, as will all despatches.
21. All orders must be terminated in writing.
22. We will not accept orders from anyone under the age of 18, even if the knife is intended as a gift for someone over the age of 18.
23. We reserve the right to check your date of birth, name and address against an externally-held, secure database to verify your age. If the returned result does not convince us that you are over the age of 18 we will get in touch before fulfilling your order to confirm that you are indeed over 18.
24. We reserve the right to get in touch to verify that you are over 18 on both a random or targeted basis, particularly for those paying by BACS or following an Invoice. This is a major obligation of ours under UK law so please bear with us – there are any number of ways to demonstrate you’re over 18 and so it should be quick and hassle-free.
25. We will maintain a confidential register of our age verification checks.
26. All customised knives are made-to-order and will be despatched within 25 working days of receiving the order.
27. Pre-made knives will be despatched the same working day if the order is received before 2pm on a working day, otherwise they will be posted the next available working day.
28. Bespoke knives generally take between 6 and 8 weeks to complete, depending on how the prototyping process goes.
29. If we anticipate being unable to complete your order to the timescales above, we will contact you by email to allow you to decide whether you still want to proceed with your order.
Cancellations and refunds
30. Customised orders may only be cancelled prior to furniture being fitted or engraving taking place. This is likely to be within 3 working days of receipt of your order.
31. For bespoke knives we will refund 50% up to and including the prototyping stage, and thereafter will not offer a refund.
32. For those buying a bespoke knife-making experience for someone as a gift, the standard cost will be charged in full in advance.
33. All gift cards remain comprehensively transferrable to any third party over the age of 18 until returned to us for redemption.
34. Having said all that, we’re human and (mostly) pretty reasonable so please get in touch if your circumstances are a little different and we’ll see what we can do.
Delivery and Transit
35. We charge a flat despatch rate for all internationally-bound knives depending on their destination. This will be clearly shown within your basket. We send all our knives registered delivery via the Royal Mail’s Special Delivery Guaranteed, which are insured but require a signature.
36. We will post items in the UK by 1st Class Mail only at the written request of the customer and cannot hold any responsibility for them after posting.
37. Once your order has been despatched and we have notified you of your tracking number it is your responsibility to accept or arrange for delivery and to notify us within seven working days (for the UK and EU) and fourteen days (for the rest of the world) if there are any issues in this regard.
38. All of our goods are packaged and wrapped in accordance with the Royal Mail’s ‘Safe and Secure Packaging’ guide.
39. We accept no liability for any damage to goods in transit unless notified to us and the carrier concerned within twenty-four hours of delivery.
40. In the case of non-delivery, we accept no liability of any sort unless written notice of non-delivery is given to us within the timeframe stated in para. 37
41. Our liability for duly-notified damage in transit or non-delivery of goods shall be limited solely to replacement of the goods within a reasonable time, whether non-delivery or damage is due to our negligence or otherwise.
42. All claims for goods alleged to be defective must be made in writing to the us within thirty days after the date of delivery accompanied by the return of your order to be inspected by us. Should we be in agreement as to the defects then we retain the option to either replace the defective goods within a reasonable time or provide a full refund.
43. If you ordered (or received) the knife as a gift, and as such defects were not discovered within the 30-day period, then we reserve the right to replace the knife within 90 days of purchase.
44. We are experts in our products and our decision on the cause and nature of defects shall be final. In the event of this not being accepted, we shall use Mediation to resolve any differences.
45. All defective goods so returned shall be our property.
46. We have no further liability save as covered above.
47. In no circumstances shall the company be liable for loss or damage in excess of the contracted sale price.
48. To discourage needless argument and misunderstanding, we offer a very reasonable repair service which will cover almost all aspects of repairing your knife (from damaged furniture to a chipped blade) for £50 or 20% of the sale value of your knife, whichever is greater.
Returns (No Defects)
49. You are required to look after your knife in accordance with our guidelines, which may be found on our website.
50. Any knife that has not been personalised by engraving, or is not customised in any other way, and is considered a stock item as per para. 10 can be returned to us within 14 days with no questions asked for a full refund (including postage).
51. Any customised or bespoke order may not be returned unless suffering from mutually-agreed defects.
52. In all returns that see us refunding postage, we would ask that you cover the cost of returning the knife to us, and do so in a manner meets with your chosen courier’s policy on sharp and/or dangerous items.
53. Our returns address is:
The Sawmill, Warren Farm
54. We may be reached by email at email@example.com or telephone on +44(0)1672870120
Your personal information
55. Your payment details are not held by us and are processed by our payment management provider.
56. We will not knowingly sell or otherwise divulge any of your contact information to anyone else, unless we have agreed this in writing or by email with you.
57. Personal data will be collected and utilised for our marketing purposes only.
Complaints and Feedback
58. We care passionately about, and believe our success depends upon, the quality of our knives. If you are happy then please spread the word but, in the (hopefully) extremely unlikely event that you are not then please either call or email and we’ll see what we can do to make you happy again.
59. Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, the act or omission of government, highway authorities or any telecommunications carrier, operator or administration or other competent authority, or the delay or failure in manufacture, production, or supply by third parties of equipment or services, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations after notifying the other party of the nature and extent of such events.
60. The governing laws and jurisdiction are those of the courts of England and Wales.
61. The headings in these conditions shall not be taken into consideration in the interpretation of the contract
62. Words used in the singular shall have the same meaning in the plural and vice versa.
63. References to these Conditions to paragraphs shall unless otherwise stated be treated as references to paragraphs in these conditions
64. References to any statute or statutory provision shall include a reference to any modification, extension or re-enactment of it for the time being in force.