Work closely with our expert knife makers to design your very own bespoke knife
Conceive something entirely new, recreate an old favourite or combine different aspects of classic knives. With a bespoke knife gift the possibilities are endless.
Every Savernake bespoke knife starts with a design consultation, in person at our Wiltshire workshop, or over email, Skype or phone. During this consultation, we will discuss what purpose your knife is to be designed for, what the blade and handle profile should be, your preferred handle material and size and any other unique design elements. All of this information will be captured in a hand drawn sketch with notes highlighting any key design features.
Next we create a 3D model using our in-house CAD programme from which we produce an initial acrylic mock-up of your knife, then a fully functioning steel prototype which we send to you for testing and to see if any further tweaks to the design are needed.
Only once completely satisfied with the design do we go ahead and create the final knife, with 50+ hours of precision engineering and meticulous handcrafting going into making the dream a reality.
The final stage is to engrave the blade using our state of the art laser, whether this is a simple monogram, an elaborate logo or personal message.
If purchasing as a gift, we can post our bespoke knife gift out for next day delivery if ordered by 2pm Monday to Friday.
Like every Savernake knife, your recipient’s knife will be made from the highest quality 14c28n Sandvik Swedish steel and sharpened by hand and eye for the ultimate cutting edge. It will feature our trademark concave hollow grind, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge for a smoother, more graceful cut. Our special blade geometry also makes our knives incredible light, strong and easy to hone.
- Work with our knife makers to design your very own bespoke knife
- Personalised gift certificate & knife brochure
- Private tour of our knife making workshop
- 3D design renders
- Full functioning prototype
- Personalised laser blade engraving
- Savernake keepsake gift box, in our signature black Richlite which, once opened, transforms into a supremely useful chopping board
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide