The longer the strokes you can take, the better you’ll carve. So the longer the blade the better, and while we do sometimes make longer knives than this, you’ll find the Extreme Slicer to be an ideal carving knife of of choice for large legs of mutton, substantial joints of beef and a nice plump goose.
The large handle ensures a comfortable grip – no more cramps when the pressure’s on at 1 o’clock on a Sunday and there’s carving to be done!
This ready made version has a highly polished blue Aspen Sky Corian handle with black liner – the ideal cool combination for romantics and star gazers everywhere.
Order before 2pm on Tuesday 22nd December and we can have this knife engraved and posted out for next day delivery to the UK and ROI, guaranteed in time for Christmas.
As with every Savernake Knife, the Extreme Slicer features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- Made by Chris
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Carving and Slicing
- Blade Length 9 1/2" / Overall Length 370mm
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide