A sublimely lightweight utility knife
With a wee drappy of Santoku influence, the Good Chopper is perfectly nestled in the sweet spot between our Savernake Knife and the Nimble Chopper. We’ve meticulously designed this blade so you can cut with the classic rocking action as well as the more prosaic straight up and down action. It’s similarly comfortable racing through a kilo of carrots as chopping chives into tiny pieces.
If you’re looking for a companion to a larger knife, or just want to double down on nuking veg then this is the one for you.
This handsome ready made version wears a contoured, rich Chacate Preto handle with contrasting lime liner and, at the expense of a smidgen of durability, the blade edge has also been hand polished to make it razor sharp and capable of shaving the hair from your arm.
Complimentary blade engraving included.
As with every Savernake, the Good Chopper features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- Made by Laurie
- “Outstanding” edge sharpness and durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for frequent, gentle maintenance on a steel
- Herbs, Veg
- Chop and Slice
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide