Pale & interesting
Thinner and lighter than a comparable European Chef’s knife (although not ours…), our Gyuto is perfect for cutting with a vertical chop – meat, vegetables and herbs all succumb to its charms
A great example of the influence of the Japanese aesthetic in our range, the Gyuto is super long and slightly less deep than one would expect from a European blade of this size – designed with slicing and dicing uppermost in mind, and not the rocking motion of the French classicist. Though it’s lightweight and high speed, it feels more substantial than our Classic Chef. It pairs sublimely with our Agile Yeoman to cover all the kitchen bases, and is a fantastic medium-sized all rounder.
Expertly combining the appeal and expertise of the oriental tradition with our British design and craft heritage and passion for innovation, this beauty will serve you well.
This ready made version wears a pale Satinwood handle with box fresh white liner and comes with a custom Richlite magnetic sheath to protect the blade when not in use.
We can engrave this knife with whatever you’d like for no additional charge and have it delivered to you for next day delivery if ordered before 2pm Monday to Friday.
As with every Savernake Knife, the Gyuto features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for a honing steel
- Meat, Herbs
- Slice and dice
- Blade length 7 3/4" / Overall length 330mm
- Includes a custom magnetic sheath - protects the blade when not in use
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide