Life tastes better in colour
One of those knives that was came out of the furnace looking for something to slice. Originally conceived as a big brother to our Gyuto for a limited run in support of the Burnt Chef Project, our Gyuto Ultra has quickly become one of our favourites.
Thin, light, balanced with a subtle rock – it’ll tackle everything from troublesome turnips to delicate dill and also prove to be a fine friend in your hour of need when faced with a lovely piece of fresh haddock.
This ready made version wears a rainbow striped handle with cheery red liner, guaranteed to brighten up meal prep and add a pop of colour to the most sombre of kitchens. It comes with a matching rainbow striped honing steel to ensure you keep it primed and ready for some serious slicing.
Order before 2pm on Tuesday 22nd December and we can have this knife engraved and posted out for next day delivery to the UK and ROI, guaranteed in time for Christmas.
As with every Savernake Knife, the Gyuto Ultra features our trademark concave blade, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. The blade’s concavity allows the knife to have both a sturdy spine and a cutting edge best measured in microns. It also removes excess weight and encumbrance from the side of the blade and is – in short – the business.
- Made by Chris
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for a honing steel
- Meat, Fish, Veg, Herbs
- Gentle rock, superb slicing
- Blade length 9" / Overall length 360mm
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide