Made for the Young National Chef of the Year 2019
The first version of this was made as a bespoke blade for the Craft Guild of Chef’s Young National Chef of The Year, Will Keeble. We now present it with a fantastic handle made from Fat Carbon, an amazing carbon fibre material with ceramic additives made in Lithuania. It gives balance to the large blade, is infinitely durable and changes subtly in appearance as light plays across its surface.
The blade itself, all 12 1/2″of it, is not for everyone and correct and efficient use is an acquired skill. However, once that skill has been acquired, it absolutely destroys at food prep. With an exceptionally long and smooth rocking motion, minimal effort will see piles of leeks chiffonaded, cabbages shredded and rhubarb ribboned. The knife will also carve exceptionally smoothly – the longer the blade, the fewer the strokes and the cleaner the cut, and in this department the Compensator further excels.
This eye catching ready made version would make a knockout gift for an ambitious home cook or professional chef.
Order before 2pm Monday to Friday and we can have this knife engraved and posted out for next day delivery at no additional charge.
- Made by Chris
- "Outstanding" sharpness and edge durability
- 60 HRC Sandvik 14c28n
- Designed for gentle, frequent maintenance on a steel
- Carbon fibre and ceramic handle
- Designed for smooth, clean slicing
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so in normal circumstances please allow 3-4 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Boxes, Cards & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
International delivery excepting to the US will be charged at £20 at checkout. We charge £40 for all deliveries to the United States.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide