A trio of raptors on the wing
This stunning set combines three classic knives to create an unstoppable kitchen team.
Our special edition Aquila knife set comprises three of our most useful blades and would make a stunning gift for a passionate foodie or professional chef.
It features the Savernake, our signature desert-island knife that’s an ideal master blade, the Nimble Chopper, our smaller-sized Japanese-influenced knife that’s part cleaver part Santuko and great for veg and herb prep, and the Raven’s Claw for outrageously smooth, thin slicing using a perfect rocking chop.
Whether you are prepping veg and fruit, slicing meat or fish, or doing fiddly tasks like peeling garlic, this striking custom-designed set has you covered.
All of our sets are usually named after trees native to the UK but the handles on this set so closely resemble feathers that we decided to name it in honour of the largest and most stunning of British raptors, the Latin for Golden Eagle.
This striking set features custom handles made from scales of Burr Walnut veneer layered between stabilised sheets of white G.F Smith paper, with each knife handle bearing its own characteristic and appearance. We can recreate the set with whatever wood and paper colour you prefer, meaning each set will be completely unique.
As ever, if you’d like to create your own custom set, please get in touch. Anything is possible.
Precision engineered from the highest quality high-tech 14c28n Sandvik Swedish steel and sharpened by hand and eye for the ultimate cutting edge.
As with every Savernake Knife, the knives in the Aquila Set feature our trademark concave hollow grind, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. This means it is both incredibly light, and easy to hone. It also allows for smoother cutting and slicing due to reduced metal passing through the ingredient, and less sticking, due to the reduced surface contact. Quite simply, the concave hollow grind is the business.
- This set focuses on general kitchen tasks
- Savernake Knife - large master knife
- Nimble Chopper - Japanese-influenced smaller utility knife
- Raven's Claw - precision slicing
- See individual knives for dimensions
- Every Savernake product is made to order. The quest for perfection takes time, so please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive (see below for Gift Invitations & Panic Department).
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift invitations & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm).
International deliveries will be charged at £20 at checkout.
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide