Strictly not just for Sundays
The Dextrous Carving set contains all you need to reward the effort of a beautifully-cooked roast with some perfect slicing action.
Our Extreme Slicer was originally designed by a chef to use at his carving station, and the design and materials conspire to create a beautifully graceful carving action.
Our curved Carving Fork has been designed to make it possible to hold it in either a fist or conventional grip, giving you options to manoeuvre easily as you carve and serve.
Finally a top-class honing steel is combined with a hand-turned handle. The leather butterfly wrap is made-to-order for us by the incredibly talented master saddlers at E. J. Wicks. The wrap shown here is in dark brown leather with matching stitching but a variety of suede, leather and thread options are available.
We can customise the knife engraving to anything you’d like and work with you to create the perfect set in your choice of wood, stripes or any of our contemporary materials. As ever, if you’re interested in creating a really special gift, or would like to customise any set, please get in touch. Anything is possible.
Precision engineered from the highest quality high-tech 14c28n Sandvik Swedish steel and sharpened by hand and eye for the ultimate cutting edge.
As with every Savernake knife, the Dextrous Carving Set features our trademark concave hollow grind, expertly blended into a tapering convex cutting edge. This means it is both incredibly light, and easy to hone. It also allows for smoother cutting and slicing due to reduced metal passing through the ingredient, and less sticking, due to the reduced surface contact. Quite simply, the concave hollow grind is the business.
- Extreme Slicer – for carving or slicing meat from bone
- Carving Fork – for keeping the joint steady as you work
- Honing Steel - for keeping your blades in tip-top shape
- The fork has been designed to be held very comfortably in both a fist and conventional grip, and the long slender blade deals with large roasts as well as the most delicate grouse.
- A beautiful leather wrap in which to store the set
Covid 19 Update
To ensure the safety and well being of our small team of knife makers we have implemented additional measures in our workshop to enable us to continue to make custom knives and accessories. The need for us to minimise the number of people in any one area of the workshop at any given time – plus ensuring all knives are sanitised prior to posting – means that our average lead time is currently around 4 to 6 weeks.
- Need it sooner? Please get in touch and we’ll always do our best to help.
- Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery in its specially-designed tubular Savernake packaging and guidance on knife care.
- Gift Boxes, Cards & Ready Made items will be posted as soon as possible upon ordering (same working day if order is placed before 2pm)
We charge £40 flat rate delivery for delivery worldwide
Our products are guaranteed for a lifetime. We also offer a reconditioning service for damaged knives for a small fee.
We’re sure you’ll love your new knife. If there’s something not right with your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Personalised engraving is included on all knives
With proper care, our knives are guaranteed for a lifetime of use
Delivery to UK included, flat rate shipping worldwide